Monday, November 30, 2009

Peace List Activity.

Are we a naturally violent society?
I don't believe, as a society, that we are naturally violent.  Individually, some are more prone to violence then others.  I also think that t.v. shows, video games, celebrities and other things can influence society for the worse.
Does the absence of war or violence mean that we have peace? Why or why not? 
It depends on what kind of peace.  To a certain extent stopping war, and violence will mean we have peace, but on the other hand there will be always something to fight about.  And fighting doesn't necessarily mean with war or violence but with other means that aren't very peaceful
Do you think that all students should study peace and the underlying causes of violence in school? Why or why not?
I do think that all student should learn about peace, and violence.  If they understand why violence happens, then they will understand how to control it in a positive way.
.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cian,
    Did you try the peace list activity--coming up with a list of war vs peace toys, war vs peace monuments, etc.?

    ReplyDelete